Taxes become more complex by the day. Every year tax legislation changes and each Dutch Caribbean Island has its own specific range of taxes. It becomes increasingly difficult to choose the best tax solution for your company or yourself. Baker Tilly Dutch Caribbean has expertise in every type of tax and we have tax professionals in each of the Dutch Caribbean jurisdictions, with knowledge on specific local regulations. Our Tax Professionals advise a wide range of local and international clients, including many financial institutions, trust companies and medium and small sized businesses. We constantly monitor the latest fiscal developments to ensure that your fiscal position remains optimal.
- Our tax advisors advise on a broad range of topics, ranging from (inter) national tax legislation and tax-efficient investments to the proper application of wage tax legislation, remunerations and issues surrounding social insurance and pensions.
- Our tax compliance team prepares and files your tax returns according to the highest quality standards.
In close consultation with our audit and business support team, we can to provide excellent comprehensive advice and support on all of your tax affairs, such as:
- Choosing the optimal legal form and tax incentives;
- Corporate reorganizations and restructuring processes;
- Public and private M&A transactions;
- Cross-border leasing;
- Debt restructuring;
- Purchasing, selling or renting out real estate;
- Due diligence;
- (Second) opinions; and
- Transfer Pricing issues.
International Tax Advice
We carefully consider your border-less ambitions and map out your plans in such a way that you can optimally benefit from the many options that international tax laws provide to save on your taxes. Among others, we can assist you with:
- Structuring the import and export of goods or services;
- Establishing local partnerships or opening a branch in a Dutch Caribbean jurisdiction;
- Setting up an E-Zone or Export Facility company;
- Proper application of tax treaties to prevent double taxation in case of foreign income, foreign real estate or an expatriate status; and
- Expat Services: applying for the expatriate status, assisting with visa, housing and permits.
A proper and consistent determination of transfer prices within your company is an essential part of doing business internationally and paramount to your overall risk analysis. The world is becoming more and more intertwined. As your business activity across national borders increases, so do your responsibilities towards Tax Authorities in the various jurisdictions. With the help of our extensive worldwide Baker Tilly network, our consultants can assist you in composing, coordinating and properly assessing your transfer pricing in multiple tax jurisdictions.
Tax compliance services; Diligent and Prepared
Nowadays tax compliance is much more than just filing a simple tax return. It is not always easy to keep track of all your obligations towards the tax authorities and to be diligent in filing your returns, even though you absolutely intend to be. The dedicated Baker Tilly Dutch Caribbean tax compliance team:
- Files your annual tax returns;
- Drafts notices of objection;
- Prepares and files appeals;
- Monitors terms, requests tax rulings and signals tax advantages;
- Is involved in the run of the mill taxes such as profit, income, turnover and wage tax, but also deals with less known taxes such as real estate, transfer and gift tax and import duties; or
- Works with the most up-to-date software and provides clear and easy to read tax returns including an explanatory letter with favorable tax tips.
As an entrepreneur, you are required to keep a proper administration of your business practice and you may be summoned by the Tax Authorities to present your books for a tax audit at any time. The responsible tax inspector may also want to see an official third-party report conducted by an expert such as an accountant. The tax advisors of Baker Tilly Dutch Caribbean are fully informed and up-to-date on your legal rights and obligations and can diligently assist you during a tax audit. If you wish, our advisor can be present during the tax audit interviews, and we can also critically review the agreements you make with the Tax Authorities.